G-2140E meets the performance requirements of Federal Specification RR-C-271F, Type IVA, Grade B, Class 3, except for those provisions
required of the contractor
Alloy Easy-Loc Shackle
• Quenched and Tempered.
• Alloy bows, Alloy bolts.
• Forged Alloy Steel 200 thru 300 metric tons. Meets performance
requirements of Grade 8 shackles.
• Working Load Limit is permanently shown on every shackle.
• 200, 250, and 300 metric ton shackle bows are Dimetcoted®; bolts are
Dimetcoted® and painted red.
• Sizes 1-1/2 and larger are RFID EQUIPPED.
• Approved for use at -40 degrees C (-40 degrees F) to 204 degrees C (400
• Shackles are Quenched and Tempered and can meet DNV impact
requirements of 42 joules (31 ft-lbs.) at
-20 degree C (-4 degree F).
• All sizes are individually proof tested to 2.0 times the Working Load Limit.
• Refer to page 88 for Crosby COLD TUFF® shackles that meet the
additional requirements of DNV rules for certification of lifting applications
– Loose Gear.
• Shackles are provided as follows:
• Serialized pin and bow
• Material certification (chemical)
• Magnetic particle inspected.
• Certification must be requested at time of order.
• Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including
identification, ductility, design factor, proof load
and temperature requirements. Importantly, these shackles meet other
critical performance requirements including impact properties and material
traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
• Type Approval certification in accordance with ABS 2007 Steel Vessel Rules
1-11-17.7 and ABS Guide for Certification on Cranes available. Certificates
available when requested at time of order and may include additional charges.
• Look for the Red Pin® . . . the mark of genuine Crosby quality
|Nominal Shackle Size|
|Dimensions (mm)||Tolerance + / –|
|G-2140E||S-2140E||A||B||C||D + / – .5||E||F||G||H||J||K||L||M||N||A||E|
WLL ≤ 25 ton → PL = 2 · g · WLL kN
WLL > 25 ≤ 180 ton → PL = 1,22 · g · WLL + 200 kN
WLL > 180 ton → PL = 1,33 · g · WLL kN
† Furnished with Round Head Bolts with an eyebolt for handling.